Complete this checklist before sending your entries.
It is for your own benefit. There is no need to send the checklist to us.
◯ You must be aged 13–19 years at the time of entering.
◯ If you are entering for the first time and are no longer at school, provide proof of age.
◯ Send your own original work typed on white A4 paper (one side only).
◯ DO NOT send work that has already been published, submitted for publication elsewhere (including the Internet) or entered for another competition (school magazines excepted).
◯ Send TWO COPIES of each entry. Maximum three entries allowed per person. We prefer that you send your work unfolded, in an A4 sized envelope.
◯ Email a copy as a Microsoft Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
◯ There is no word limit but entries must be suitable for publication in an anthology.
◯ Polish (redraft, punctuate and proofread) your work before sending. There is no need for fancy fonts and arty layouts. The judges will be more impressed by careful paragraphing and punctuation!
◯ Your name should only appear on your entry form. Please remove it from your text. However, the name (i.e. the title) that you give to each entry must be at the top of the first page.
◯ CLEARLY write your name and the other information requested on the [Current Year’s] Entry Form and enclose ONE COPY of this with your entries.
◯ POST your entries to:Re-Draft Competition, P.O. Box 21120, Christchurch 8143
Deadline for entries is 1st September [year of publication].
Other information you need
- Entries are acknowledged on receipt and results will be advised by email.
- Results will be available in November of the year of publication.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The editors of the collection reserve the right to make minor editorial changes to your work, without consultation. You will be sent a copy of your edited work for approval.
- Each successful entrant receives a free copy of the current year’s book. All entrants may purchase copies at prices well below the retail price set for the book.